McCartney concert: traffic congestion and parking restrictions
The city is putting out the word that the concert by Paul McCartney at Wrigley Field is expected to cause significant traffic congestion. In addition, there will be special parking restrictions that will effect residents.
The concert is planned for two nights: Sun., July 31 and Mon., Aug. 1.
View Paul McCartney concert traffic/ parking in a larger map
- Gates open at 6P. Concert starts at 8P.
- Sheffield is closed from Addison to Waveland until Aug. 3
- Waveland is closed from Sheffield to Clark July 31 - Aug. 3
- Residential parking restrictions are in effect.
- No parking Clark Cornelia to Addison 7/31 & 8/1 5P-2A
- No parking East Side Clark Waveland to Irving Park Rd 7/31 & 8/1 5P - Midnight
- No parking West Side Clark Patterson to Addison 7/31 & 8/1 4P-2A
- No parking North Side Eddy, alley east of Racine to Seminary 7/31 & 8/1 5P - 2A
- No parking South Side Addison Clark to Sheffield 7/31 & 8/1 5P - 2A
- No parking Addison Sheffield to Wilton 7/31 & 8/1 5P - 2A
- NO tailgating. NO Alcohol on the public way.
- City OEMC release on weekend traffic.
- More information is available from Ald. Tom Tunney. This page includes information on possible additional closures, what to expect and more.