Here is the news nut: Ill. Rep. Kelly Cassidy has proposed a two percent tax on the retail sale of ammunition. The proceeds of the tax, which Cassidy told The Bulldog she couldn’t estimate, would be used to fund a High Crime Trauma Center Grant Fund.
- Cassidy Shoots for Ammo Tax
- NRA Blasts Ammo Tax
- Ammo Tax Debate Explodes in Springfield
- Ammo Tax Called Pun-itive
- Statehouse Committee Opens Fire on Ammo Tax
- Santorum Spreads Message: Sin Tax Against Lawful Folk
Yes, comments are open. Here is the National Rifle Association taking their best shot.